SHED WINTER POUNDS WITH THESE PRO TRAINERS'OUTDOOR WORKOUTS
In your backyard THE PRO TRAINER'S WORKOUT: BODY-WEIGHT CIRCUIT
Torch fat with this routine from Turbulence Training developer Craig Ballantyne, C.S.C.S.
Do this Perform these exercises as a circuit. Rest 1 minute only after completing all four. Complete 5 circuits.
1) Jumping Jacks (60 Seconds)
2) Spider-man pushups (until failure) As you lower your body, swing your right leg out to touch your right knee to your right elbow. Reverse the movement and push up. Alternate sides.
3) Re verse lunge (15 reps per leg) Stand tall, hands behind your ears Step back with one leg, and lower your body until your front knee is bent 90 degrees, Pause, Push up Quickly. Do all reps, then switch legs.
4) Squat thrust (8 reps) Squat, put your hands on the floor, and kick your legs into pushup position. Quickly reverse the move. Repeat.
Make It harder Rest 30 seconds (instead of 1 minute) between circuits.
On the courtTHE MIAMI HEAT WORKOUT: 10'S
This routine combines fast –paced intervals with quick changes of direction. – “Its a great fat burner. and it improves endurance,” says Bill Foran, the Heat's strength and conditioning coach.
Do this Begin at one baseline of the basketball court and run ( not at a full sprint) to the opposite end. Stop, plant your foot, pivot. change direction, and run back. Repeat four times for a total of 10 trips between base-lines. That's 1 set; try to complete it in 60 to 70 seconds. Do a total of 2 or 3 sets, resting only 2 to 3 minutes between each.
Make it harder Work your way up to 5 sets. The first few sets may seem easy. but the last few will test your physical and mental endurance.
On the diamondTHE BOSTON RED SOX WORKOUT: X-PATTERN SKILL DRILL
This drill challenges you to run in all directions at full intensity, which every player must do, says David Page, strength coach for the Red Sox.
Do this Set up four cones In a square formation , each cone 10 yards apart.
1) Sprint from cone A to cone B.
2) Immediately turn and sprint diagonally from cone B to cone O.
3) Backpedal as fast as you can from cone 0 to cone C.
4) Sprint diagonally from cone C back to cone A. That's 1 set.
Rest 2 to 3 minutes after completing all four sprints. Repeat for 5 sets.
Make it harder Start the drill sitting or lying down, then jump up and run.